Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm in Japan! Whoa!

Hello, everyone! I am now writing you from Japan! It's a day ahead of America, so it's currently June 4th here.

It's been already both very challenging and very exciting to be here! We will be doing more orientation to Tokyo today, but tomorrow we will meet the students! Please be praying for that meeting, as we will be just starting to get to know each other and trying to build deep relationships. Please pray that we will be led to people with whom God is wanting us to build these relationships.

Now, here are some pictures...

Kevin trying natto....:


Ashley with the AWESOME VENDING MACHINES WITH TEA!!! I LOVE TEA!!!


Tokyo girls (one more to come! ^_^)


Tokyo guys (one more to come!)


Tokyo team! (we still have two team members coming - Walter and Liz!)


Please be praying for Walter and Liz, also...they will have a long flight ahead of them, and please pray that they will be harmoniously integrated into our team when they come here!

Right now I personally am a bit jet-lagged...I keep getting very, very tired at 10/11pm and then waking up on my own at 6:30am (my parents know that this is a very, very unusual occurence....).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

yey!! A blog post!! and pictures!! How are you feeling with the jet lag?? hehe... I can't wait to read more of you trip! ^^ Miss you!

Paul Nethercott said...

Hi Susan! I saw an incoming link to japancan.com from this blog so just wanted to write and say "hi" and "thanks" for the link.

Welcome to Japan!

Warmly, Paul

Christy said...

eee! I'm tearing up with excitement!

...

I'm kinda emotional! woah! anyways I'm so thrilled for all of you!! thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Tired by 10pm - wow - never thought that would happen! BTW: 6:30am is a great time for quiet time & Bible Study!

Anonymous said...

Susan, Really enjoyed reading about your travels. Loved seeing all the pictures. I will keep you and Kevin in my prayers. Sounds like you are meeting a lot of peopel. Take care.

Judy