Friday, June 6, 2008

Shaberanaito and English Conversation Table

Today we finally met the students!!! I'm sorry that I don't have many pictures right now...I will try to upload some later...

We had the English Conversation Table which was supposed to start at 12, but it really started at 10am... :) We sat in Chuo University's AMAZING cafeteria while BEST club students came to talk with us to improve and practice their English, so we all got to know each other very well, and also make some plans. Later, we had Shaberanaito, which is our weekly meeting on Friday nights, where we were introduced. I was SOOOOO nervous! I am very shy, so meeting new people is very nerve-wracking for me... So, we had an American student with about 6 people per American student, and the students just ask questions about us to get to know us. They could definitely tell I was nervous! haha, but we had some good conversations. Later, the staff had us introduce ourselves with a two-truths-and-a-lie game, and telling why we were interested in Japan. Being up in front of so many people for me being shy was quite stressful...but I made it! Then, we did some skits to get to know some Japanese and American culture stories. The skits were VERY funny. The Japanese have an amazing sense of humor! :) Tanoshikatta....

I have really been running out of energy as an introvert with all of these activities with lots of people...please pray that I and the rest of our team will have energy to be with students...We have a lot of activities planned, so please also pray those go well, including individual appointments with students...

Sorry I don't have pictures right now....I will later, promise! I just wanted to tell you right now about our first day meeting the students!!!

:)

3 comments:

Linda said...

There is growth & strength in pushing ourselves beyond our comfort zone. I am proud of you!

spartacus21 said...

i know it's hard to push through sometimes especially as an introvert in new situations! stick with it soozan..praying for you! phil. 4:13

Unknown said...

Wow, what a full few days! haha I wish I could have seen those skits sounds like a fun way to get to know each other! I know how you feel about meeting new ppl. I'll be praying that you will have time to recharge and get some time rest in between your activities. :)