Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back from Kyoto!

So, this past weekend we took an overnight 6 hour car ride to Kyoto and stayed there for the weekend sight-seeing as a big BEST club event. Thank you so much for your prayers -- I really started feeling better AND it was an amazing bonding time! The trip was a lot easier for me, because it felt like a lot of the pressure to make friends and connections and whatnot was off, and we could have fun together viewing ancient Japan. (I have an insane amount of pictures, by the way...I'm going to narrow it down the best I can...)

First, we walked through the bamboo forest...and got some great ice cream beforehand...

(Walter, Kevin, Saaya, Ashley, Liz and me at the ice cream place...)


(Ayumi and me in the bamboo forest!)


(Kev and me...same place)


(Daijo, Tomo, Ross, David & Chris play a bamboo game...)


(Chisato, me and Ikumi)


(Nanako and me)


Then we walked by a river that runs through Kyoto...
(Ken, Masashi, Ty, Mikkun, and Yasushi)


(me and Saaya)


(Kev, Ross, Tatsuya, Ashley, me and Saaya)


Then I went with the group going to Kinkakuji (It's the golden temple you see in postcards)...


(Kev and me)


(Kyle and Jennifer plus...Witthoft number 3! ^^)


(me, Saaya and Aiko)


And then we went to what I'm pretty sure was called Ryoanji (a famous temple with a rock garden)

(Saaya with the rock garden)


(the guys being weird....)


And on Sunday we went to more famous places...I'm getting tired since it takes forever to upload these pictures, so pictures are going to be more limited...
(Chisato and me)


(some of the guys)




(Aiko and me with some pretty flowers...)


So...picture time is over...and I actually have things to do, so I can't write too much...but maybe tomorrow :)

またね!

4 comments:

Christy said...

kyoto daisuki!

So glad you got to feeling better! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Be thinking of me...I head out of the country this Saturday!

love you! thanks for taking the time to update for us!

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures! They look like what I picture Japan would look like, if that makes sense. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

nice pics. Glad your well

Unknown said...

SO HAPPY... YOU SHOULD COME TO HK!! SO CLOSE!