Thursday, June 12, 2008

The latest events...

Sorry I haven't posted anything...I have been quite busy and trying to get to know a lot of different people!

Getting to know people has been rather slow. I must admit that I expected that, but being an introvert and very shy myself is making it extremely challenging. Often I find it very difficult to be myself because I am constantly so nervous, tired, frustrated, etc. I constantly feel pressure that I should be connecting with students, and yet I cannot feel these connections, as such things really take time.

My quiet times, however, and times just by myself doing nothing have been quite refreshing. I realize the importance of prayer and how little of myself I give to that. It is so hard for me to do this when I am not alone. And yet, if I want to live like a Japanese, perhaps I need to learn what it means to usually not be able to have that alone time! :)

And now, I bring you some pictures from this week...

Here are some pictures from our day off when our team went to a Korean BBQ place:
(Aiko, Ashley, David)

(Kevin, Ross, me)


On Tuesday I had coffee with Nanako and Chisato, who are both really sweet girls!


And later we had volleyball...


Wednesday we had a team/staff meeting, prayer, and food-making! :D
(Kyle, Mitsuru & Masashi grilling some yakitori)


(Aiko & Jennifer cooking)


(Kev and me chillin)


Today Kev, Ross, Kyle and me went to Shuto University for the English conversation table there, where we talked with Tomo and Daijo. Later Kev, Ross, Daijo, Daijo's friend who we call Morimori and me went to look at the puppies and kittens (adorable...and also funny that a bunch of guys went there with me/suggested the idea in the first place), and then to rent and watch Batman Begins. What we kind of hilarous was that we had to end up watching the moving on Daijo's laptop in the entrance to a convenience store right next to the vending machines. It was really funny :D...so I took a picture:


Later I hung out with Naoko, and we happened to go to the SAME restaurant as Ashley, Ikumi, Yuri & Kuri, and the waitress sat them next to us! It was awesome...so then we went to the purikura...and I would love to share those pictures, but I don't yet have them on the computer.....oh, but I will definitely share them when I get them.... :D hehe

(By the way! I need to give you all a funding update - I am currently at 55% of my funding, which is great, thank you! I still need to raise $2,225, so if you would like to donate, I have a link on the right-hand side of this page!)

2 comments:

Christy said...

面白そう!

Anonymous said...

long ago i used to be an introvert but now im more of an extrovert. God, school clubs, student council, and other things helped me with that. However it took a while. Some things dont happen over night but im sure u will be fine. try to push yourself a little. if you stay quiet all the time you are gonna miss out on a lot of things and I know that all too well. My prayers to you always. Have you gotten any stares yet? Anyone call you a gaijin? Did some ramdon person wanted to take a picture with you? I wont be surprise if any of these happened for they happen quite often to gaijin. ( sorry if comment is too long )