Sunday, July 6, 2008

This one's kind of a downer...ごめん。。。

These days life has become increasingly testing on me. At first I was able to bear it with the strength of wanting to be what others want me to be. However, as the days have worn on, my strength to be such a person has been waning as I continuously wonder why God put me here in Japan, and how in the world I could possibly deserve such an experience. I am frustrated, because I never feel like enough. I am not fun. I am not outgoing. When I am outgoing, I usually offend someone, so I'm trying to avoid that at all costs... It really sucks to be shy. I feel as though I am often hiding the real me from people, or even assuming myself that the real me is different than I perceive me to be. I need a lot of prayer for my attitude and for loving people since I've hit this slump, and it's been difficult to not allow my internal processes and feelings to affect other people.

Well, that was the downer, now here are some pictures after our trip to stay up overnight in a family restaurant in Tsukiji and then go out to buy the freshest sushi ever...:

Tokyo Tower at night


me, Nanako & Ashley at the restaurant:


me, Nanako, Ashley, Yuki, Miku, Walter & Ross at the restaurant....with coffee (and Mark sleeping in the background):


Here's how we stayed awake....Ross and Kev drank far too much coffee for their own health:


And Walter sang some crazy bunny song (I'm not sure if he knew I was recording this...muahaha):


And here's Kev and Tomohito with a live crab...:


And on Sunday, I spent the day with Miki, who is a really cool girl! We had so much fun...we ate Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki (that's Miki's hometown!) and Osaka-style okonomiyaki and we were SO full....but what's okonomiyaki without the ice cream, right? So I got some melon flavored ice cream and she got green tea ice cream...mmm... :) So, then we went to purikura (sorry, I don't have any pictures of that online...only in sticker form...), which was lots of fun! And then we did some window shopping and sat in this Japanese-Italian restaurant called Saizeriya for the drink bar, and we drank some delicious tea and melon soda...mmm... :)

Here's a picture of Miki and me! (courtesy of Liz's pictures on Facebook...this is from Karaoke):


Also, this part of the post is from later today, after I wrote the first part, but I was listening to some mewithoutYou (as always...), and my iPod started to play the song "Yellow Spider", some lyrics stuck out to me that I wanted to share (I will also share the video from YouTube)

"Builder with the broken bricks
Mother to the baby chicks
You made this world to look so nice
I wonder what the next one's like...."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont give up, Susan. Remember that you have people here in the States who want you to have the best time in your life. Dont say you dont deserve to be there. It was God's will alone that your there and you need to embrace it. You need to relax and let God model you. Its Him who takes care of the hard work, not you. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. What your going through just shows how weak our fleshs are. Im weak in many areas and I must accept them in order to become strong. Your a good friend Susan and I cant wait to see you back at the Japanese church ( its just me, Nozomi, and her boyfriend now, Ai is in Japan now ). If you want strengh Susan then just simply ask God with faith. Just ask God to say that word and it will be done, because his word is absolute. Ask him to say the word "Strengh" and you shall recieve. Dont strain yourself with issues you cant handle. Drop it like its hot and let God handle your biz in Jesus name. JUST HAVE FUN.

Wow that was long. Sorry about that but I guess I was in the moment. You got my prayers and remember Im your number one blogfan ( even though Im not stalkish and creepy o_0 )Anyway, the church and I are doing fine. My relationship with them has grown ever so greatly, especially with Nozomi and ERick ( her boyfriend ) We have been hanging out alot and benefiting each other in Jesus name. I cant wait to see you, me, Nozomi, Erick, and Ai in the Japanese church together, although I wont be here for long. I think the time you come back is the time Ill be gearing to go to Japan. Nonetheless, please msg me in facebook when you have the free time.

And once again, sorry for the LONG comment 0_o >_> >:O

Susan said...

Thanks for the comment, Alvin! You always have incredibly encouraging things to say :) I won't give up! I know God wants me here...He can use the most broken and horrible person in His name!

Michelle Renae :) said...

Susan! I'm sooo excited for you...even though right now is incredibly frustrating. Know that God is doing a work in you that will forever impact and shape your life. Keep fighting the good fight and know that you are good enough, deserving, wonderful and a great person because of the Lord! lots of love from Ohio :)

Ryan said...

Yo Susan!

I'm excited you're in Japan, and how God is stretching you guys. When I was there this was about the time God really started getting past the surface with our team and me individually. I'm excited for what He's teaching you guys. You've responded to a great cause for an urgent gospel for the summer, and it seems like you're in a perfect place to humbly accept that. Keep up the good work and blog posts. And praise God for how he uses our inadequacies.

Tell "Hi" to the Arizonians and the Roods for me!