Recently, I have done a lot! It's hard to sum up everything, so starting with the weekend, we went to hanabi again, but this time in Tachikawa without the yukatas, and it was only me, Sae, Ashley, Liz and Nanako. Japanese fireworks are seriously amazing.
Tuesday was our last bible study on 1 Peter, which was really awesome. I really enjoyed sharing everything I learned from the Bible study. I want to do my best to apply what I've learned and remember it... After Bible study, I spent time with Miki for a while. We went to look at the ADORABLE puppies in the pet store nearby, and then to look for things for Oshima... Afterward was our last sports night. Because it was soccer, there weren't many girls, only Nanako and Yuki, but we had a lot of fun (and there was a huge storm nearby! As you can imagine, I watched the storm more than the soccer ball...oops...).
On Wednesday I saw Kae for the first time since March when she was at ASU to study English for 3 weeks, and we had a lot of fun! We went to Shinjuku and Ikebukuro, and got to spend a lot of time just hanging out. :) We took some purikura, as well...I thought I might share with all of you some of the pictures...:
.jpg)
.jpg)
When I went to meet Kae at the Shinjuku station, I got on one of the express trains, which turned out to be my first sandwich experience with the trains. Just when you think you can't physically fit more people on the train, the train stops at another station, and everyone waiting on the platform gets on the train, regardless of how crowded it is! I'm glad this is something I could experience in Japan...
Tomorrow morning we leave for Oshima! For this time, PLEASE pray for energy! I have gotten only a little sleep lately, and I know I also won't get very much sleep there. Please pray that our friendships will grow and deepen, and that we will all not only learn more about each other, but ourselves. Please pray for me also that I can be myself in a way that is both loving and authentic.
No comments:
Post a Comment